Overall, my 20% project was a success. A bit of a struggle getting started. My tendency was to keep doing research. I wanted everything to be perfect and was worried the project would fail and I would ruin my grapes. I think part of this came from taking years to finally grow my own grapes, and I was nervous about messing it up. Since my first batch of jam from my wine grapes was such a success, I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed when the second batch was not. I was about to toss the second batch, but then remembered reading about alternatives in my research. Turns out, the jam although not as thick as the first batch would still make excellent preserves to put on pancakes or on crepes. The more research I did, the more I realized that one can use the exact same ingredients, but get a different outcome. I guess it is that way with baking also. I was also nervous about the canning process. I did not wish to poison anyone. For the first batch, I decided to hold off on the canning.This was a good decision, as I think part of the issue with the second batch was that I grew impatient and was so concerned about the canning process, that I did not let the jam boil long enough to thicken properly. Well, I now have a new skill and own all of the canning equipment, so I plan to continue to make jam as well as other canned goods. Next year, if my grapes do well again, I might attempt wine. In addition to joining the canning communities, I joined a winemaking community.