"Once you create the Garden, you now need to tend it”
Sharpening the saw puts all of the habits together and brings us closer to becoming interdependent. But it is not the end of our leadership journey. To stay interdependent, we need to continue to focus on the habits we’ve developed and enhance them so that we can continue to accomplish our goals.
My commitment to Habit #7—Sharpening the Saw
- Continue to revisit the habits I am developing.
- Assess where I am at and what my next steps will be.
- Revise my plan of action if needed.
- Stay current in my instructional and leadership practices by continuing to read, research, collaborate, attend, and lead professional development.
- Spend at least two hours a week “sharpening the saw”.
How I will teach Habit #7—Sharpening the Saw to others
- Collaborate with colleagues to create meaningful and engaging lessons.
- Enhance our technology professional development for next year with the use of Open Badges (collaborate with technology team and get “buy-in” from administrative team)
- Continue my work with the pillars to build the “best school in the universe” (my own classroom, departmentally and in our horizontal teams, and as part of our WASC self-study process)
- Review join commitments with my husband on how our joint habits are going and where we need to improve or revise (finance tracking plan, healthier lifestyle plan, and “getting things done”)
- Next steps for AP World after the course and how skills developed can be continued next year